The chips are falling into place. Items on lists are being crossed off. We are gearing up to meet our baby and couldn't be more excited. I was officially 38-weeks pregnant on Friday and we found out the day before that our little one is weighing in at 8 pounds 2 ounces, at least as far as technology can tell! (They can sooo be wrong, so we'll see!)
This weekend I have reflected on all that has had to happen to get us to tonight. Almost ten months have passed since this baby came into being. We have packed up all of our belongings for the second time as a married couple and placed it all in storage. We have found temporary dwellings at a friend's house. The other night, Grant and I partook in a fun activity of covering my torso with plaster strips to make a cast of my belly. HilARious activity to do together. Friday around noon, I lost my mucous plug. Now please pardon me, while I recover from nausea after typing the phrase, "mucous plug." Early contractions have begun - now don't get your panties in a twist... they're not anywhere close to being regular. :) Hmmm. Did I just say panties and mucous plug in the same paragraph? This must be a blog written by a nurse!
Other things in order? My brother is safely off to Kanakuk Kamps for the next month, which was a milestone for my mother to get through so that she can feel comfy driving out to Indiana when I go into labor. I have also completed the majority of my hospital shifts, as I look ahead to a week with very little on the schedule! I truly cannot wait to relax and patiently await the arrival of my daughter. Wow. My daughter. This really is surreal.
RECAP:
38 weeks = down.House = packed up.
Shelter = found.
Belly cast = completed.
Brother = at Kamp.
Plug = gone.
Contractions = started.
Work = finished.
Waiting = in process.
I believe she can now show her face any day.
Oh, alright. You can have a belly pic. Not my best hour and at the same time, close to my best hour yet. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment