Thursday, July 14, 2011
Old MacDonald Had a Zoo...
We took our first trip to the Louisville Zoo today! I went with a good friend's mom and her mom - we had a blast. As I told Sheila how much fun I was having, she promptly said, "We gotta get you out more!" Lol. Agreed.
But it truly was a fun day and so sweet to watch Naomi stare at the animals. It's such a fascinating thing to watch the gears turn in a little one's head as they take in the world around them. Here, she was watching the big ape swing on his ropes.
A little store in the middle of the zoo had a statue of an ape - after warming up to it, Naomi decided he needed a little help cleaning up for the guests...
We saw tigers... (and lions...)
And bears... Oh my!!
We watched a seal swim around,
and Naomi even got to pet a wallaby! The poor zoo worker though... someone go give that woman a beach towel this instant! She was sweating quite disproportionately to the beautiful, breezy day.
A really fun exhibit was the rainbow lorikeets. You can purchase little cups of nectar and they'll just fly right up to you! A couple of birds did drive-bys, causing the baby to jump, but she wasn't scared a bit. She would have grabbed one by the neck, had I not enforced the no-petting rules!
After a couple hours, the zoo did Naomi in. I left with one tuckered out little girl! But it was fun to cross one more activity off of our Kentucky Bucket List. Thanks, Sheila and Peggy, for a great morning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment