Well, lots has been going on here. Short summary: I lost my phone. Was without it for a week or so. This was followed by a terrible case of the stomach flu. For just me, thankfully. Then a visit from G's parents. Then finals. Which I finished last night at 9:21pm to be precise. Give me 24hrs to recouperate and now I'm here. Catching up the blog since I've sort of caught up on my life! Waking up the morning of Nana's arrival...
I only included this pic because my camera got so few! She really did LOVE her time with Pegs!
We took them to the mega caverns in Louisville... such an interesting place! We felt oh so safe, but a little creeped out down there where the city would go in case of nuclear fall out. No joke! And we're going back and I'm taking my own mother because you can ride a zipline through the caverns! Get ready, Mom!!
We took a tram tour of the insides of the caverns. Simmer down there, Bill. You almost look excited.
Naomi was awesome! She loved looking around in between bites of her finger-food lunch I packed.
This scaaary box was in front of the gift shop...
G is so brave.
Nice.
We thought that called for a tour of the Louisville Slugger Museum. So we went there the next day. It was fun to reminisce about the first time we went there with my dad to discover his signature on the wall - what a great day!
The second time around was fun too and wore the baby plum out. Here's to dinner with Elmo after four busy days of not seeing his face...
We squeezed in a bath given by Nana to cover all the bases and called it a fabulous trip. We were sad to see them go, but thankful they came!
Confession: bought these pajamas at Target before I was ever even pregnant. Who does that?
It must have been the motherly intuition that knew this picture would exist someday... she looks so big standing up like that!!
Naomi has also discovered the lovely habit of running her hands through her hair after meals now. Check out the latest mac 'n cheese salon treatment. And the proud little stylist!
First time in overalls.
And to anyone who was wondering what our room looked like in the midst of said chaotic finals week, because I know that's what you all spend your time thinking about, here you go. I just thought you might want to feel better about the current state of your own house. Couldn't be worse than that.
Study break at the park.
Naomi putting her fashion spin on the cute outfit from Mimi. A splash of pink floral with reversable green and white dots is always a welcome addition to any outfit.
And we leave you to your thoughts beyond the swings...
Have a happy weekend all - three cheers to one with no homework!!!

such a cute post=)
ReplyDeleteHave just read through multiple blog posts when I should be getting ready for work. I am so proud of you! It is wonderful to read about your life. Love you all.
ReplyDelete