Sunday, December 18, 2011

It's About That Time...

Shortly after I became pregnant the first time, I heard about an early gender test through a CNN special. No, it's not the Drano test. In fact, after I found out Naomi was a girl through results of the test, I got lots of funny looks from people when I told them I knew the sex already at 10 weeks. People thought I was nuts and had done some silly $20 quiz online or something. Lol. 
 Well, the timing to take the test with this pregnancy is right now. This time around I was a little more on the fence about finding out all together, but I figured I'd probably cave in around the time of the ultrasound, so I might as well do it now. If all goes well, I might not even get an ultrasound, so who knows...
 The test has 95% accuracy rates with a full refund if they're wrong - no refund on the pink or blue clothes you might buy in the meantime, however! You basically send off a blood sample and they look for fetal DNA that has been released into the mother's blood sometime after 5 weeks post-conception. If there's male DNA in the sample, you're most likely having a boy, if there's not, you're having a girl. It's so interesting - only females work at the company in the lab to prevent the risk of male contamination on the samples. To read more, visit: www.tellmepinkorblue.com
So! Much against my mother-in-law's wishes (sorry, Pegs!), we should know the sex of baby #2 around next week - maybe by Christmas! Will we be shopping for mini Carhartt overalls and toy tools? Or will we NOT BE SHOPPING AT ALL (hint, hint, mother...)? :) Stay tuned for results!

1 comment:

  1. Whaaaat?!?! I missed the pregnancy announcement! Congratulations!!! I can't wait to hear what these test results reveal!

    ReplyDelete