
So you might be wondering why the theme of this blog is already gender specific, when I am only 13 weeks along! (Due date is somewhere at the end of July or early August, by the way...) While perusing the web weeks before I even became pregnant, I found out about a somewhat-new, take-home gender test. As a nurse, I was initially skeptical, and read everything I could about this test that supposedly could tell you the gender of your baby SEVEN weeks after conception! After reading studies and the premise behind the DNA-based test, I was sold. With 95% accuracy rates, this company (tellmepinkorblue.com) screens a sample of your blood for the baby's DNA that has been released into mom's bloodstream. If they find male DNA, you're having a boy. Gathering from the pink, our results came back with no male DNA, meaning that we're having a precious little girl! It will be interesting to have our 20-week ultrasound in March to confirm these results - no painting the nursery quite yet! And if they're wrong, we get a 100% refund. Unfortunately, they won't return all of the dresses and bows that my mother has already purchased, however. :)

That is amazing!! Can't wait to hear about your journey!!
ReplyDelete