My appointment was pretty routine with nothing much to report, except that my baby was sure loving her game of hide 'n seek with Charlotte. We sat there forever before Charlotte found her heartbeat; I was thankful to be in this profession where that didn't freak me out. She appeared alright, clocking in at a mild 146 beats per minute, before she promptly disappeared again! Other than that, all is well. We are scheduled for our official ultrasound the morning of March 12th and we are blessed that my parents will randomly be in town that weekend to attend! So exciting... Stay tuned for the confirmation of whether this is a girl or not! And we think we are decided on a name, which we will reveal after we know the sex for sure!
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Today's Appointment!
Had an appointment with one of my potential midwives today, Charlotte. She's so great. A true comparison to the wonderful, Southern Paula Deen :), who prays over the room after every delivery she attends. The other midwives that could end up being at my delivery are Christina (a sweet, freckled lady whose strawberry hair Grant would love), Joyce (a very practical, kind woman), or Ginny (the quiet, extremely knowledgeable midwife who sometimes does the nurse's jobs before they can blink). All four would be incredible options. I would probably have the option of asking one in particular to attend my delivery, but I truly do not think I could choose. I am trusting that whoever is on call when this baby makes her entry is just the person for the job. It is so amazing to work with these women every day and know them so well for this journey of my own pregnancy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment