Friday, April 23, 2010

A Day to Celebrate!

Many things are happening today. Early this morning, I was awakened for the first time out of my sleep by Naomi kicking. She is getting so much stronger! I proceeded to lay awake for about another hour as she played around, obviously having no awareness of it being 5:30am. It was so sweet.
Then I woke up to discover that around that time, 5:55am exactly (according to the tracking website), UPS was loading up her crib bedding to bring it to our house today! She must have just been excited. :) So, it has arrived. I jumped up and down like a kid when the UPS guy drove down the street. It's kind of the one thing we splurged on and I have no regrets - it's so cute!
I'm considering it a gift to myself and Nay for making it to 26 weeks. It's so amazing to me that at this point, if she were born, there is a 70% chance of survival with no major problems. That is just amazing to me. Not what we're looking for... I'm all about a 40+ week baby! But it's amazing, nonetheless, to think that she is that developed!! Grant wasn't here at the house a bit ago, so I just took today's picture myself. Grow, baby, grow!
But the most special thing happening today is that this precious baby below is turning 18. My "baby" brother is an adult. It is kind of hitting me harder than I thought it would - it's just taking a while to sink in. I loved that sweet baby and getting to play being his second mommy (I was 12 when he was born). This picture just makes me want to squish him back down to that chunky little thing. Okay, he was more chunky than he was little. ELEVEN pounds, 8.5 ounces at birth. Cheers to you, Mom.
Anyway, it's a nice reminder to me to really cherish every minute that Naomi is a baby. Because pretty soon, they turn into this:
Will, I am so proud of you. You are one of the most mature, respectful, God-fearing 18-year-olds I know. I hope you have so much fun today! You deserve the best - happy birthday!!!

2 comments:

  1. Remember all of the many times we used to comment after he got here, how happy we were that we had him?
    I couldn't have said it better myself honey!
    Thank you for the tribute to your little brother. He loves you so much and misses you.
    I love you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I didn't even recognize Will. He looks so much like Drew! I'm so happy for you, Rah. Can't wait for the 15th. Let's talk, soon... I'm home all day, tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete