Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sullivan Patrick Yeamans

I figured after a nearly 3-month blog hiatus, a fitting return would be the exciting announcement that we have, indeed, chosen a name for our sweet boy! Being 38-weeks along, I have been eagerly waiting for the day when we would make this important decision for a LONG time! We had a very difficult time with this one, but I can say we are both very excited and it was worth the wait.
 Sullivan means "hawk-eyed" and we believe, reflects the discerning spirit that we have prayed over this little one. We discovered that hawks have a much smaller eye than a human being but that it has many more sensors (cones) packed into its space. This gives a hawk vision that is eight times more acute than a human's! That our little boy would have the ability to discern what is right and wrong, and to choose that which pleases the heart of the Lord - this is our highest hope for him. We also just love the name. I have a special place in my heart for the name also, after having nannied for a little boy of the same name years ago.
 Patrick is a middle name we chose not only because of my husband's love of Ireland. :) Of course, that is an endearing factor that we love about Patrick. The name means "noble" and the story of Saint Patrick himself is a fascinating one. He is a wonderful legacy of nobility and dedication to the service of God that we are excited to pass on to Sullivan as well. 
 These are obviously a few pictures of his "nook" in our room. We have two bedrooms upstairs and decided to keep the four of us all on the same level for a while instead of us moving to the actual master downstairs and having the two little ones up. That's just too far away yet!
 I am feeling good, though tired. This week has seemed to bring about a change for me, as I just feel quite run-down and it's getting difficult to stay motivated at work and in school. I'm trying to take it a bit easier and allow myself to prepare for the birth. Though I won't reach my "set" goals for my grad school hours prior to his arrival, I'm trying to let go and trust that they will all get done in time. I want to make sure to enjoy these final days as a family of three and also to give the appropriate amount of care and attention to my body and son before we launch into this new season of life...
I'll be excited to have a break here soon from work/school/clinicals and have a moment to soak in the reality of this new arrival. This means more blog posts that I've missed keeping updated, and of course, lots of pictures of the new little guy. Next time you see that carseat, Sullivan will be in it!
We covet your prayers in the coming days... stay tuned and we'll be thrilled to let you know when he has arrived!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! I love the name!! Thank you for this update, as I have been thinking of you. Enjoy these last couple weeks as a family of three (assuming Sullivan isn't overly eager to make his entrance!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love his name, Sarah! And what a cute little "nook" for that sweet baby boy!

    Praying for you lots these days! You have been coming to my mind so often!

    Can't wait for you to have your little man!!:)

    ReplyDelete