Friday was our fourth anniversary. Sunday was Grant's first Father's Day. It felt like 72-hours of celebration and family time. We had so much fun. This first picture has nothing to do with either one of these holidays - it was just too cute not to post.
Grant and I had a nice Friday evening at home after the baby went down to bed. My wonderful hubby gifted me a chunk of change to go on a mini shopping spree! Woohoo! Grant had to wait until Sunday for his big anniversary/Father's Day gift...
We cooked ourselves a dinner of lobster ravioli, asparagus, and potato scallion bread. We drank Izzes out of our champagne toasting glasses (thanks Nana!) and reminisced about our wedding day. It was a sweet, relaxed evening.
Then the Father's Day fun began! Part one of Grant's gift was a blown-up picture of Naomi to hang over the fireplace.
Then we took off Saturday and drove to Elizabethtown, KY, for a 24-hr getaway. We ate dinner at a great rib joint we discovered and chilled at a hotel. The whole purpose of this day away was for the second part of Grant's gift - I woke him up in the morning and told him that he was going to go SKYDIVING!!!
He was totally caught off guard. He is always talking about how he's this adventurous guy (which he is) and wishes that we'd do more adventurous things. But he sure seemed a little unsure when I told him the plans for the day... it made me nervous and I wondered if I shouldn't have sprung such a surprise on him. As the hours progressed though, the adrenaline started pumping and he got very excited. (He did admit that when I told him, he thought to himself, "Oh man. Grant, you gotta put your money where your mouth is now! Lol...)
All three of us had to spend the day at the skydiving place, where we patiently waited for the clouds to behave. We almost called it quits a couple of times. I was so thankful that I thought to take the portable DVD player with an Elmo movie!
Naomi had a good nap in her stroller while we sat outside, enjoying the breeze, eating a picnic lunch we packed, waiting for the sky to clear up.
Finally, it was a go! Grant was instructed about the jump and got all suited up -
A practice run through... (the instructor acted all serious and said, "At this point, you put one hand like this, the other like this, and you pray!")
Heading out!
These next pictures give a painful realization that we have a spot on our camera lens that we need to have cleaned. But look! There he is!
Coming in for landing...
Feet safely on the ground. :)
My proud, daring, and adventurous husband. Some of his first words - "I would SO do that again! I mean, I could do that a LOT!" He had a handcam that videoed his HILARIOUS reaction while skydiving, so once it is edited and we receive it in the mail, we will post it. It's so funny!
We had a great weekend, celebrating our marriage and parenthood. Even when life can sometimes feel challenging, we know we are truly blessed!
Monday, June 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Grant you look more like you work there than anything else. : ) You look good in your jumpsuit. I love the windblown hair. So fun for you. Cant wait to hear all about it!
ReplyDelete