Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Kicking Has Arrived!!!!

We officially have a new little kicker in the house, folks! A couple of weeks ago, I felt some little popcorn bubbling in my tummy, which all the girls at the hospital said was definitely the baby, but it was a little faint for me to confidently announce it. Today, things changed! I was on the phone with my great friend, Jenny, when the baby CLEARLY kicked me twice in a row. Jenny was mid-sentence when I rudely interrupted with an uncontrollable squeal and the fabulous proclamation that a human being inside my body kicked my stomach!! A strange reality when you think about it...
I felt her on and off the rest of the day and I'm still wondering what this is going to be like on a day-to-day basis. I have quickly come to believe that over the next five months, it is not an unreasonable request to ask anyone who is around me to stop what they're doing and recognize this miracle going on. How could I be expected to not announce every single movement felt by this tiny, 4-ounce human?! I will try to keep a lid on it as much as I can, but dang... surely this is not meant to be kept a secret. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment