The musical was INCREDIBLE. Wait. Scratch that. My brother was INCREDIBLE. The play was great, but he was AMAZING. I wish there had been a video camera on the faces of my entire family as we sat, stunned speechless, over the talent that he exhibited this last weekend.
In case you missed a couple of posts ago, my brother was Gaston in his high school musical last weekend. He truly was unreal. He has never been in a production before, so to have this be his first role ever was so impressive. He had such a clear, booming, gorgeous stage voice that filled the room. He caused a standing ovation Saturday night at the closing performance. I have been on cloud nine for days. I've also been singing Beauty and the Beast songs in my sleep. :)
Gaston and Belle after the final night. She was wonderful as well, but I'm sorry - didn't hold a candle!
I love this picture of Annie (my niece) looking at Belle. My brother said to her, "Can you say hi, Annie?" She quietly said under her breath, "Hi, Belle." It was so sweet. You just know in her little mind she was really meeting the "Beauty."
I snuck this photo below during Gaston's first appearance on stage. Gosh, I wish I could watch it again! If you would like to see a little clip of how wonderful he was, click on the link below. It's about a six-minute long clip with an interview of Will and another cast member. Make sure to watch the whole thing because there are a couple of really good samples of his singing. If you can't tell, I'm so proud I can't stand it!
http://smeharbinger.net/featured/video-beauty-and-the-beast
In case you missed a couple of posts ago, my brother was Gaston in his high school musical last weekend. He truly was unreal. He has never been in a production before, so to have this be his first role ever was so impressive. He had such a clear, booming, gorgeous stage voice that filled the room. He caused a standing ovation Saturday night at the closing performance. I have been on cloud nine for days. I've also been singing Beauty and the Beast songs in my sleep. :)
Gaston and Belle after the final night. She was wonderful as well, but I'm sorry - didn't hold a candle!http://smeharbinger.net/

BEST SISTER EVER!!! : )
ReplyDeleteHe was amazing! I was just telling someone else about it and I said, "I can guarantee one thing. That director may have thought one thing when Will walked in for his audition, but he got down on his knees and wept for joy when he walked out!"
ReplyDeleteSo fun to see you guys and I love getting to see all of the pictures of Naomi and your home on the blog.
PS Your blog looks so great. Did you figure it out yourself or have help? I feel like I constantly have formatting issues and it looks pretty homemade.