Monday, March 14, 2011

Great books!

Patricia A. Pingry is one of my new favorite people. Her line of books is wonderful - they are sweetly written accounts of the holidays. I picked up The Story of Saint Patrick's Day when I was pregnant and thought it was so great. It tells the real account of St.Patrick, who happened to be an incredible man of the Lord. I saw the Story of Easter at Meijer the other day and after reading it, dropped all $6.99 of it right into my cart. One of the reasons I like it the most is that Jesus is actually the color of a person of Middle Eastern descent! Go figure! He's not a blonde-haired, blue-eyed American?! Lol. I love the "Little People" nativity set for Christmas, but call me crazy... I don't think every imaginable race was represented that night! Maybe politically correct should sometimes be substituted with "historically" correct!
Okay, off my soap box. :) Try Patricia Pingry's books out. She not only tells the history of many holidays, but also has Bible stories and accounts of many of the U.S. presidents as well. They are so well written and nice and short for the itty bitty listener!

No comments:

Post a Comment