Sunday, March 27, 2011
Eight Months!
Our baby girl turned eight months old today. I have to confess, when someone asked me yesterday how old she was, I said precisely, "Seven months." Because until the moment it happens, I am not willing to go there! I want her to stay exactly where she's at for as long as it takes. When it's time to celebrate milestones, I'm so grateful to do it, but I am not the mom who is wishing the time away for the next stage!
For that reason, I actually believe that these eight months have taken their time in passing. I hear so many parents talk about how these early weeks fly by and on one hand, they certainly have. But at the same time, I have tried so hard to soak in every minute and I'm so thankful that it hasn't seemed to pass before me without realizing it. I love it. Every second. Today, we celebrated the big eight by... exploring our shadows. She kept reaching out to touch the carpet and grab ahold of her moving reflection.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

so very sweet sarah! we love you guys!
ReplyDeleteWe love our sweet 8 month old girl! She's so precious and we miss her with all our hearts!
ReplyDeleteA big hug and kisses from Mimi and Grandaddy.
love the exciting 8 month mark! and...that little bum in the air as she sleeps so soundly!
ReplyDeletemiss you guys!
Oh my word, Sarah! THANK YOU for posting about this sweet girl, sweet mom, and happy day. I miss you all- especially Naomi this very instant- and can't wait to see you in May!
ReplyDeletesarah - hi old friend! i'm glad we can reconnect via modern technology. thank you for your encouraging words on my blog...
ReplyDeletei just got caught up on yours. i love it. your little naomi is a doll!