Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Glorious Before and Afters...

Well, here's to a day of money well-spent and money well-saved. Naomi's room is very bright. It might not look like it, but even when the blinds are closed, the light in this room along with the decor is quite pervasive. Her naps are usually just under two hours, which, coming from my mother's house - is SHORT! The only thing I've thought might help is to darken the glare from the windows. So, I bit the bullet. Yes, it cost me nearly $200, but Pottery Barn Kid's blackout shades have changed my life. (Our windows wouldn't work with cheaper versions of pull-down shades, mind you. I tried! But my child almost slept for three hours this afternoon! You can't see her, but she's sleeping in the picture even! Woohoo! I'd say that's money well-spent!
As for saving, I bought a used Britax carseat last summer (that had never been in a wreck, of course) for $20. A little run down and loved on by the Wilson family, but perfectly safe.
Used thirty or so Clorox wipes on the frame and ordered a new seat cover online for $50. What would have been $200-250 easily cost me $70! Yippee skippee! Gotta love a good deal.
Next comes a picture of baby Omi in her big girl seat! If only I will ever remember to take the camera out to the car to get it!

3 comments:

  1. Well, here's to long naps honey! Great idea to get the room darkening shades. And the carseat looks amazing! Love the new cover. And love your sweet nursery.
    Mama

    ReplyDelete