Thursday, April 21, 2011
Extremely Welcomed/Slightly Unwelcomed Visitors
I might need to get pregnant sooner than I thought. Lol. We had some great friends from Muncie come into town for the worship night last weekend, Josh and Stephanie. Josh is one of Grant's buddy's from the internship at MAC and we just love their family, including their two precious girls and a baby on the way!
Naomi, however, wasn't so sure how she felt about their visit. I think the day they came was the first cranky day I've ever seen her have. Claire and Sophia loooooved her, but the feelings were definitely not mutual. They wanted to dress her, put bows in her hair, play with her toys, wear her tutus, and just be downright best buds for the trip - she wanted anything but.
She never outright cried, but constantly made wailings/noises of complaint, frowned, and stared at the girls with looks that begged for them to just leave her alone. It was to the point that I was almost embarrassed! (Not that I really had grounds to be - she's only 8-months old and had no idea what had just happened to her quiet, only child world!)
But it definitely got my gears turning... it's no wonder the first borns are the way they are. Naomi has hardly been around other little ones (exceptfor 45min in the church nursery), the house is typically very quiet (yes, even with Grant present), her room is always clean and picked up, and when she needs something, she gets a fairly instant response.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

uhh ohh! you've officially voiced the words!!! we are waiting...........
ReplyDeleteJust saw this post :) Her time will come...and she will adjust just fine.
ReplyDelete