Wednesday, April 27, 2011

LOTS of before and after pics...

This blog post is really for my mom. And I'm sure my sisters-in-law would get a kick out of it too. But sorry to the rest of you, for the boring pics. After all, if Naomi's not in it, what's the point? :) For those of you who do care - surprise - Grant and I are so blessed to live on the lower level of this home which is located on the property of the ministry in Kentucky we are involved with. Another family will soon live upstairs, but for now, we are enjoying the quiet by ourselves! Here are some before/after shots of the downstairs level and the changes we've made to it to better fit our family... Before office picture that became Naomi's room...

After -

The kitchen was a BIG project. That stone bar that was there took some real manpower from my hubby and his friends. Talk about the blood and sweat of the project! After - there is still an island in the making, a white subway-tile backsplash to come, and also floating, exposed shelves that will wrap around that corner to the left of the microwave.



Before of the dining/living room area -

After. The door behind Grant is now my walk-in pantry (my favorite place in the house, I tear up getting ingredients out for dinner), and we still have to put a transition strip down between the carpet and wood floors.

Before living room...

After living room. I LOVE my paint color - golden ecru from Porter Paints. No, they didn't pay me to say that. The color gives you that warm and cozy feeling, and it gets multiplied when there's a fire in the fireplace! Yes, it's almost May and Grant and I are still having fires. We'll open the door and windows just to get a breeze so we can justify it. Lol.

Part of the bathroom - not much to show.



But I did take down that hideous mirror all by myself, ripping the sheetrock while I was at it. Have no fear - I take after my mom. Grant was out of town, so I just grabbed a trowel, got up to my elbows in mud, sandpaper, and paint and VOILA! The finished product! (Grant said he's taking me with him on trips from now on... heehee)

Our bedroom was the biggest project by far. It used to be the side garage you see on the lower level of the house. There was obviously a weight machine and a garage door, but not anymore!

You seriously wouldn't even know it's the same space! We put in French doors, new carpet, Grant framed in and sheetrocked all the walls and also two closets to the left of the French doors. Crown molding and curtains that actually fit the door are yet to come!

Another view of the room - there's a fun nook on the left side there where we have a couch, desk, and bookshelf. It's so nice and spacious. And with hardly anything left in boxes and just a tad more organizing/small projects to be done, it's really feeling settled now. Tomorrow is Naomi's 9-month well visit at the pediatrician's office, so stay tuned for stats!



1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH! Love it! Love the bedroom! So cozy. Can't wait to see it in person this summer!

    ReplyDelete