Last Friday, Naomi and I traveled to stay for a weekend with my best friend, Alyssa. We had a wonderful, much needed time of fellowship and... well, talking. For hours. As Alyssa's husband said, we sure are good at it!

It was so fun for me to get to see Lyss spend a bunch of time with the baby, as she's not been able to do that much yet! We picked blueberries...

took baths...

Alyssa was even thoughtful enough to give Naomi her second experience with a cupcake in one week! We gave chocolate a go and she knew much better what to do with it this time!

She picked up the whole thing and shoved it right on in.

Sweet curls are starting to show around the back of Naomi's head. I'm so excited!


Naturally, Naomi got a taste of unique foods at Alyssa's home. I mean, you just have to document a child's first taste of red lentils with coriander - what a milestone! She loved it. I also discovered last week that she loves fish as she shoved whiting filet in her mouth. So thankful for willing tastebuds at 12 months!

Playing peek-a-boo with Steve...

Thanks for the wonderful hospitality and time together, Lyss! We miss you already!
OK. So what you said about how good we were at talking? When I was trying to tell Steve that you were staying an extra day it went something like this:
ReplyDeleteA: "She's staying an extra day."
S: "Cool. Why?"
A: "Well," (in my head, "we haven't really gotten a chance to talk, yet." then I thought about what I was preparing to say and edited it accordingly) "we're just not quite ready for her to leave."
:)