Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

Well, there's usually a reason for a dryspell in blog posts. And there is - a crazy week with grad school and a slight lack of motivation due to the CONSTANT gray clouds and rain here. I have an extremely high tolerance for rain. I love it. But I'm done! Soooo ready for the sun and some brighter weather to pick up my mood. Naomi greeted me this morning on her knees, which is now her favorite position. She pulls up to her knees onto anything that is approximately that height for her, though standing on the feet is not something we've accomplished quite yet.


What we HAVE accomplished is the development of a love for crawling to and sitting at my feet at all times. With just a slight whine accompanying her as she pulls on my pant legs, I believe we have entered into a bit of the separation jitters. :)


But she's so dang cute. So I don't mind.


This is a common scene around here. We often leave Kona's leash on her because she's easier to catch like that if she bolts toward the door. Naomi loves it. She crawls after the dog, grabs it, and you can see that her arms are blurry because she shakes it up and down. We are so grateful for a dog that is so patient and loves the baby. Every night we have to drag Kona out of the baby's room because she wants to sleep on her rug, right next to the crib. So funny!


What baby doesn't love electrical cords? And no, this is not something on the "approved activity" list at our house. And I believe we have an attachment forming. I just checked on her (yeah for two naps still), and she's holding her Lambie's hand! I keep presenting her baby lamb to her - a sweet gift from her Mimi - because what can I say, I'm totally pro-lovie. Yes, my child will likely walk around with a pacifier in her mouth, a lamb in one hand, and a blankie in the other. A shoutout to Abbey Engles and mothers alike. :)

1 comment:

  1. I am totally with you on the pacifiers and lovies! We only give Bailey her paci for naps/bedtime now and I dread the day we cut it out altogether...not for her sake but for mine. She's so stinking cute sucking on it! And, for what it's worth, I've tried to force her into a lovie (again, so cute!) but haven't had any luck yet. Ha!

    ReplyDelete