Happy Mother's Day!
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Rise Up...
Despite being quite stressed about a 40+page graduate paper this weekend, we have had a few fun moments today and yesterday as a family. Grant planned some special events for my first Mother's Day. I reminded him that technically, I was a mother last year. He responded by saying, "Well, but this is the first Mother's Day for Naomi's extrauterine life!" Now, THAT is a response coming from a student nurse-midwife's husband! Hahaha...
Grant gave me the greatest gift of waking with the baby and letting me sleep until 10:30! I haven't done that in over a year! I felt amazing from the moment I woke up! We went to brunch at a fun restaurant here in Louisville and I was showered with cards and gifts - Naomi made me a piece of artwork with her handprint and I got earrings and a gift card to go shopping! Woohoo!
Proverbs 31:28 has always been an important verse to me - "Her children shall rise up and call her blessed." It came to mind countless times as I grew up with such a wonderful mom. I know that any good I have accomplished thus far in Naomi's short little life has been a result of God's grace and watching my own mother. I hope to continue to be humbled in motherhood, while honoring the Lord as I attempt to create a culture of love and freedom in which Naomi can grow.
This other quick pic was taken as Grant threw hats on all of us to watch our first Kentucky Derby as Kentuckians. The Derby was yesterday, in case you weren't aware - quite a fun event. I only enjoyed it for the two minutes that it lasted however, bookended by feverishly typing at the computer. Which reminds me, I should be writing on data analysis. Not on blogspot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

and just to review... you are keeping up an excellent blog WHILE in grad school. and being a momma. and a wifey.
ReplyDeletei was glad to get my pup out for a run or walk while in grad school. ;)
you ROCK.
love you! thanks for your dedication to this blog!
And, I think your nurse-midwife ways trickled into our home after living with us last summer. Would you like to know what Ryan said to me last night?!!?!?! "Babe, you're almost the perfect size for a belly cast!"
ReplyDeleteSeriously. =)I about died laughing!